Monday, July 30, 2012

16 Miles Down- Here's My Summer Schedule!

So this weekend, I had every intention to run 14 miles as scheduled (see calendar below!).  Instead, I decided I was going to outsmart the FDR drive and find a shortcut from the base of the Brooklyn bridge.  That resulted in an extra 2 miles.  Luckily today I'm not at all sore, and now I feel as if some pressure has been taken off for next week's run!  Next weekend I'll be in RI with Kim and Bennett, so a 14 mile run probably won't happen, but I'm looking forward to having my ol' running buddy, Ms. Catlin back =).
I always get questions about how training for a marathon actually works, so I decided to post my calendar to my blog.  I tend to shift around runs and distances based on social events that might interfere, so the schedule is pretty flexible. That's one reason I start training months in advance, so that if something comes up and I'm facing a set back, it's really not a big deal.   
I also got a bike this weekend and rode her for the first time on Sunday! She's a 1970's vintage Raleigh Caprice, and definitely needs some work, but she's perfect for putzing around and getting me to and from work.

3 comments:

  1. CUTE BIKE!! Can't wait to run with youuu! We'll leave our lazy boys in the dust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute bike. I think that would look GREAT in a triathlon! As for shoes, I know what you mean. But I've been really happy with my new Air Max+2012 these last 80 miles! So different from the ones I used before! If you see a guy with bright orange running shoes in NYC - thats me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I don't know if my bike would make it in a triathalon..she's so old. I ended up ordering the shoes, but they got lost in the mail. I'll be on the lookout for ya in NYC!

      Delete